1. Start planning at least 2 months before your move.
When choosing a date for your move, be aware that the
beginning and end of the month are busier times to move than
2. Call and set a date. Give as much information as
possible about your move: what you are taking and the
location of the origin and destination of your move. This will
give you the most accurate estimate of the cost of your move.
3. Have major appliances disconnected before the movers
arrive. Have the refrigerator emptied and defrosted and ice
4. Be prepared to move pets, plants, valuables (such as
jewelry, money and important papers), and hazardous materials
yourself. These items will not be loaded onto the truck.
5. Be sure to call the utility companies to disconnect your
services for the day AFTER your move.
6. Leave your phone connected the day of your move. Our
office may need to contact you or our crew.
7. Make sure you pack all loose items for the move. Linens
and clothing may be left in drawers. If you don't think you will
have everything packed in time, arrange for packers to come
and help you.
8. Keep some essential tools in an easy to get to place.
These may include a hammer, screwdriver and wrench.
9. Empty fuel from lawn mowers, grass trimmer/edgers,
gas grills or equipment containing fuel.
10. Be on hand when the movers arrive and while they are
loading and unloading your belongings. DO NOT schedule the
closing for the day of your move.
11. After the truck is loaded, make a walk through the
house, garage, cellar, backyard, and storage rooms for missed
items. Check drawers, cabinets and closets in all rooms for
articles that may have been missed during the packing or
12. Have clear directions to your new home or office
prepared for the movers. Be sure to arrange for any necessary
parking permits, elevator and/or loading dock usage, or other
|199 Purity Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Office: (412) 241-2101
Office: 1 800 462-1334
Fax: (412) 244-0553
Four Generations of Experience